To fully enjoy any fashion jewellery purchase you must first realise that fashion jewellery is not meant to last a lifetime. We all know that fashion jewellery is fun, as well as a great way to revamp an outfit; it’s wonderfully wallet-friendly, but also be very delicate. By following our jewellery care tips; you can keep your costume jewellery looking as bright and as sparkle as when you first bought it.
5 easy tips on fashion jewellery care.
1. Be sure to always take off your jewellery before you apply lotion or perfume or expose it to any water.
2. Do not use soap/water or jewellery cleaner to clean your costume jewellery. You’ll want to avoid any cleaners that contain acid, alcohol, vinegar or ammonia as they can damage your jewellery.
3. ESPECIALLY NEVER USE SILVER JEWELLERY CLEANER – it has a mild acid and will ruin your fashion jewellery and strip the finish in seconds!
4. Try to give your fashion jewellery pieces a break every now and then. Most fashion jewellery isn’t meant to be worn on a daily basis. Therefore, if you do wear them very frequently, you might notice discoloration.
5. The best way to prevent tarnishing, chipping, tangling and damage is by storing your fashion jewellery in a soft pouch.
6. Don't forget to take it off at the end of the day. Sleeping with your jewellery on is a sure way to damage it or even break it.